The Robotics Education & Competition (REC) Foundation Team Engagement Manager has energy and passion for the REC Foundation mission and vision. This position is responsible for the execution and expansion of VEX Robotics programs within the specified region, and in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan. The primary areas of focus will be growth and retention of competition teams.
Regional Team Support
- Deliver exceptional customer service to REC Foundation clients.
- Anticipate and troubleshoot customers’ needs to provide an outstanding experience while working with the organization.
- Maintain regular communications with teams and coaches.
- Understand and implement the RECF Student-Centered and Code of Conduct policies. Review with Program Leadership on team allegation concerns.
- Assist with the development of training documents for new teams and coaches.
- Assist coaches and teams with team registrations and finding events in their region.
- Follow up with programs that have not renewed, determine the reason for nonrenewal and take steps, as warranted, to facilitate renewal of lapsed programs.
- Maintain knowledge of STEM education initiatives and trends within the assigned event region.
- Identify needs of an organization/school with available grants and/or Diversity and Inclusion initiatives that are aligned with the sponsor.
- Assist teams with REC Foundation grants and guide them through the grant process.
- Work to initiate and develop positive relationships with schools, teachers, program participants, community and civic organizations, and other STEM stakeholders to develop the growth of teams.
- Coordinate and lead engagement and outreach initiatives in target communities to attract new organizations.
- Coordinate with Event Engagement Managers to ensure teams are provided with an appropriate number of competition opportunities to support the mission of RECF.
- Provide public presentations and demonstrations to potential program participants and sponsors to grow the number of teams and events in the region.
- Use knowledge of local educational/governmental organizations and professional contacts to grow and sustain teams and events in the region.
- Identify additional areas for growth within the assigned event region.
- Collaborate with the Development team to identify and produce regional grant and sponsorship solicitations. Ensure that regional sponsorship commitments are met.
- Build and maintain a database of STEM contacts through local and regional involvement with a focus on Educational and Governmental organizations.
- Identify and develop part-time Educator Trainers, where applicable.
- Assist with transitioning Developing Programs into Foundational Programs.
- Maintain regular communication with their Director of Regional Operations (DORO) through weekly meetings.
- Maintain a non-returning-teams report for the assigned event region.
- Verify that teams comply with grant Terms and Conditions.
- Manage the grant application and approval process for assigned territory.
- Coordinate with the Development team to ensure that regional sponsorship reports are submitted by identified timelines.
- Monitor and compile individual monthly travel and expenditure reports on a timely basis.
- Assist with the collection of data to evaluate REC Foundation programs.
- Provide continual feedback to help maintain program integrity.
- May assist with additional projects as assigned.
- Must be up to date on current competitions and available for training support as necessary.
- May be assigned to lead or assist with specific program initiatives (Educator Training, Online Challenges, Website Content, etc.).
- Energy and passion for the REC Foundation mission is essential.
- Ability to inspire and build relationships with a diverse public.
- Initiative and resourcefulness; experience as a self-starter.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Computer competency and ability to learn new programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Background in educational robotics is highly desired.
- Background in teaching and/or other educational capacity highly desirable.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Attendance is mandatory at VEX Worlds and other events as assigned.
- Ability to interface on a professional level with a variety of different personalities including co-workers, sponsors, and customers.
- Commitment to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.