The Robotics Education & Competition (REC) Foundation Program Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator position has energy and passion for the REC Foundation mission and vision and is responsible for developing initiatives in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan to support the REC Foundation’s mission and strategic direction. The primary areas of focus will be growth and retention of competition teams within underserved populations. The Program Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator will report to the VP of Developing Programs.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to REC Foundation clients.
- Be the main point of contact for REC Foundation diversity partners and initiatives.
- Organize initiatives in accordance with the mission, goals, and strategic direction of the organization.
- Use peer-reviewed research and/or data-driven initiatives to develop new initiatives to support the growth and retention of competition teams within underserved populations.
- Maintain knowledge of STEM education initiatives and trends.
- Develop a budget and operating plan for initiatives.
- Develop an evaluation method to assess initiative strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with the Development Team to write initiative funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Work with the Team Engagement and Event Engagement teams to implement initiatives.
- Identify initiative risks and methods to mitigate risks during implementation.
- Assess initiative performance and aim to maximize effectiveness.
- Evaluate and assess the initiatives' strengths and weaknesses.
- Periodically meet with the Executive team to discuss initiative status and goals.
- Maintain regular communication with the Director of Team Engagement and Director of Event Engagement regarding initiative implementation.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of initiative status.
- Assist with the collection of data to evaluate initiative success.
- Provide continual feedback to help maintain initiative integrity.
- Coordinate with the Development team to identify changes that may impact schedules, contracts, or budgets.
- May assist with additional projects as assigned.
- Energy and passion for the REC Foundation mission is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in business or related field.
- 2-5 years’ experience identifying barriers within STEM and implementing initiatives to address those barriers.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google Workspace; working knowledge of project/program management software is a strong advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively
- Conflict resolution
- Risk management
- Cost control and budgeting skills
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Attendance is mandatory at VEX Worlds and other events as assigned.
- Commitment to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion