The Robotics Education & Competition (REC) Foundation Event Support Specialist (ESS) will support not only the Event Engagement Manager but also teams and the Event Partners that we depend upon. The ESS will report to the Director of Event Engagement for activity assignments and training.
- Attend events hosted by the REC Foundation and Event Partners as needed.
- Keep up to date on the current year’s games, for both VRC and VEX IQ.
- Communicate with the Regional Event Coordinator for assignments and details regarding the support of the event (pre-planning).
- Communicate with the Event Partner or event host on the needs and challenges of the event.
- Assist in all aspects of the event as requested by the Event Partner or event host.
- The ESS will NOT:
- Be the Head or scoring Referee
- Run Tournament Manager
- Be the Head Judge or on the judge team
- Run Skills or Practice fields
- Assemble the field components
- Be the Emcee for the event
- Do ANY of the volunteer positions.
- Maintain regular communication with the Event Engagement Manager.
- Assist with the collection of data to evaluate event success.
- Provide continual feedback to help maintain program integrity.
- May assist with additional projects as assigned.
- Prior event experience and has a strong history of well-run events, teams, and assistance in a local area.
- Experience with RobotEvents, Tournament Manager, and the Event Partner process to run and manage an event.
- Willingness to support and problem-solving skills.
- Personal transportation to and from the event.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Weekend availability to be onsite at selected events.
- Attendance is mandatory at assigned events.
- Energy and passion for the REC Foundation mission.
- Commitment to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.