- Organize events hosted by the REC Foundation, including, but not limited to, World Championship Event(s), Girl Powered Events, Live Streams, and REC Foundation sponsored summits in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Coordinates with production team and staff to create event concepts and vision, develops run of show (cue sheet) and event agenda, and provides event-day direction as the REC Foundation event producer.
- Developing and overseeing event budgets. Reviewing proposals for cost and profitability when selecting vendors. Tracking overall budgets and analyzing P & L reports based on budgets.
- Develop operating plans for events through documentation and project planning tools. Generating and adhering to event timelines.
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, staying on budget, and team member performance.
- Preparing post-event summaries, processing invoices and accounts receivables and payables in a timely manner, creating comprehensive and readable financial reports.
- Meet with the Executive Team and other management regarding event considerations and decisions on services.
- Order event supplies from vendors (tables, chairs, robots, etc) and ensure supplies are shipped in a timely manner for events.
- Work with outside vendors to obtain pricing, develop contracts and coordinate setup/teardown at events.
- Review invoices and contracts for events and ensure compliance.
- Maintain awareness of venue requirements, fire and space regulations, environmental impacts, and health & safety constraints.
- Oversee the overall coordination of events, including tracking shipments, lodging, flights, rentals, and supplies/equipment.
- Coordinating with event entertainment, including production, performers, emcees, guest speakers etc.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including vendor load-in, problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff and volunteers when applicable.
- Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios and the ability to present a crisis management plan of action.
- Ability to delegate event planning responsibilities to other staff members where necessary.
Live Stream Events
- Ensure the event meets the technical and service level requirements.
- Configuration of a webcasting platform for each event to meet the event requirements.
- Handling all presenter trainings to ensure presenters are prepared for the event, understand how the platform works and have optimized video and audio quality.
- Managing the live event stream including handling all client content, live-switching video sources to seamlessly transition between presenters and troubleshooting any issues that come up.
- Managing out-sourcing of live-stream events when needed.
- Coordinate with the technology team to identify webcasting platform requirements and and assist with platform selection.
Hotel Business Management
- Oversees the coordination for hotels related to special events and the VEX Robotics World Championship.
- Manages hotel relationships to ensure adherence to contracts.
- Maintains detailed tracking on hotel contract deliverables.
- Manages relationship with MeetingMax or the REC Foundation’s chosen hotel booking provider.
- Managing the overall hotel booking, tracking process, and analysis.
- Oversee the development of strategic volunteer coordination with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure events are supported.
- Coordinates with staff on event support involving attending conferences, conducting training and demonstrations, and other events that staff attend in-person. This can include the coordination of Webinar/Livestream, event materials, and/or overall event coordination and planning.
- May assist with additional projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Project management experience
- 3-5 years of experience with large scale event production
- Demonstrate high proficiency, experience, and knowledge in large-scale corporate special events and productions with AV elements
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication
- Detailed organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, competing deadlines, demands, and still work through new incoming issues and any problems that may arise unexpectedly
- Ability to interface on a professional level with a variety of different personalities, from coworkers to sponsors to customers
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Attendance is mandatory at VEX Worlds and other events as assigned.
- Energy and passion for the REC Foundation mission