The REC Foundation is looking for someone vibrant, creative, digitally savvy, outgoing, energetic, independent, well-written, well-spoken, and super organized to join our Marketing Team as a full-time remote Communications & Community Manager. This position reports to the Marketing Manager, and some travel to the Greenville, TX office will be required.
- Do you love to find ways to innovate, create and streamline copy and design across multiple communications channels?
- Are you excited about connecting educators with robotics education, competition, and workforce readiness programs to drive STEM forward for the next generation of student-led innovators?
- Are you an expert project manager who can see the big-picture while creating strategic workflows on a team to get stuff done?
- Do you see yourself as a “wrangler” of all things content marketing and communications?
- Can you see all the pieces of the marketing and communications process pieces and recommend the best approach based on key organizational goals to achieve a mission?
- In today's remote-working landscape, do you stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in communications and digital marketing?
- Are you able to work independently in a remote setting as a key contributor and team player, juggling multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines?
The REC Foundation's global mission is to provide educators with hands-on, student-led competition programs and educational resources to prepare future innovators for a diverse and inclusive STEM workforce. We see a future where all students design and innovate as part of a team, experience failure, persevere, and emerge confident in their ability to meet global challenges. We are a global nonprofit organization based in Greenville, Texas, and work closely with program partners like VEX Robotics, Bell, and For the Win Robotics. Global partners include Northrop Grumman Foundation, Google, NASA, Tesla, Autodesk, Dell, and Omron.
- Work closely with Programs, Development and Marketing teams to develop program-specific content aligned with key stakeholder audiences across all communications channels.
- Expert project manager with the ability to see the big-picture while creating strategic workflows for max productivity
- Responsible for the cohesive production of all REC Foundation communications across multiple channels, with a focus on project management and developing content to support our Programs staff in engaging our existing audience of educators.
- Assess Program needs and execute cohesive campaigns on tight deadlines and follow up on data analysis.
- Manage projects and tasks across a cross-functional team of colleagues.
- Implement best practices for email marketing, social media, digital strategy, results, and analytics.
- Manage strategy, design, and content development for roboticseducation.org and robotevents.com.
- Position content to target different audiences.
- Create plans to communicate key messages and changes/updates for all Programs across all channels.
- Create templates, guides, and best practices for REC Foundation staff communications to our community of teams, mentors, coaches, and event partners.
- Provide solutions and training to enhance Programs communications, closing the gaps in platforms to analyze key performance indicators like open and click rates.
- Create and manage communications content calendar across the marketing team and staff
- Assist internal communications efforts working closely with HR
- Produce monthly communications reports and dashboards for staff and Leadership, providing key findings, recommendations and strategies to amplify content marketing efforts and impact
- Connect educators with robotics education, competition, and workforce readiness programs to drive STEM forward for the next generation of student-led innovators.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (strong preference for marketing or communication degree).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and digital communicator
- Acute attention to detail
- Expert in digital graphic design
- Work well with team members of all levels and across departments internally and externally.
- Expert project management skills, like time management, goal-setting, multitasking, and prioritization
- Advanced copywriting and copyediting skills
- Able to travel domestically to REC Foundation-hosted events.
- Able to work weekends if needed based on communication and marketing needs.
- Experienced in “working from home” with demonstrated success in remote work
- Ability to be actively engaged as a remote staff member and key contributor to the organization
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Assist in delegating tasks to those best positioned to complete them
- Hands-on experience with HTML and content management systems
- Expert in email marketing platforms like MailChimp
- Expert in social media management platforms like Sprout Social
- Expert in all web-based / cloud-based file sharing and productivity tools like Google Workspace, Dropbox, Asana, Microsoft, Slack, and ability to quickly get up to speed on other web-based tools and apps
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology
- Expert in SEO/SEM and Google Analytics and other database analytics tools
- Excellent reporting and administrative skills
- Able to travel to the VEX Robotics World Championship annually in Dallas, TX
- Able to travel to the Greenville, TX office every month or every other month as needed
To apply for this job please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Earliest Date Available to Begin Work
- Three recent examples of content, design communication work