INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL SPONSORS
The Robotics Education & Competition (REC) Foundation is a global non-profit educational organization that provides elementary, middle school, and high school age youth as well as college students with unique opportunities to participate in high-quality and affordable STEM-based competitive robotics programs and competitions using the VEX Robotics platform. These programs serve as a tool for student engagement in STEM, while also developing critical life skills and preparing students to become future problem solvers.
The REC Foundation supports more than 16,000 teams from around the globe; that’s about 160,000 students! While we have accomplished a great deal over the past few years, our goal is to continue to reach and impact even more youth, with a particular focus on young women and students in underserved communities. Our participants go on to to become scientists, engineers and leaders in their universities and communities.
Whether it is classroom-based learning, a competitive event, workshop or camp, the REC Foundation understands the level of commitment needed to develop and foster student participation. We rely on the support of our corporate and foundations partners to sustain and expand the program each year. We welcome you to join our family of sponsors and partners in any or all of the following ways:
- Our Global Sponsors are highly visible and committed partners who support programs, operations and team growth in their communities and around the world
- Regional Sponsors can have a very significant impact on their own community by supporting team growth, events and workshops
- VEX Worlds Sponsors provide support that helps us to produce the largest educational robotics event in the world (according to the Guinness Book of World Records, April 2016)
- By sponsoring a scholarship, you can help a promising young mind attend the college of his or her dream
- All of our sponsors have the opportunity to see their employees engage directly with students as mentors or volunteer at events in their communities or at VEX Worlds
- There are endless ways that you or your company can help!
ABOUT THE ROBOTICS EDUCATION & COMPETITION FOUNDATION
The REC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The REC Foundation supports robotics and technology events and programs that aim to inspire and motivate students to advance in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education. In addition to supporting competitions, the foundation also provides program support and workshops focused on technology and professional development for educators including RobotEvents.com, the website which promotes multiple high quality programs and provides online registration and team pages for over a thousand event in all 50 states and in more than 40 countries.